First day in Turkey!



Hey,
So my first day in Istanbul, Turkey consisted of going across on a ferry to Asia. We stopped at Kadikoy, where there was a farmer's and clothing bazaar. I had a very intimate encounter with one of the vendors. He insisted on touching my gages, asking if I was married, and asking if I was going to join the army (because I was wearing a green shirt). He also shoved a berry into my mouth, which convinced me to buy 2 baskets of them (8 lyras). Then, out of nowhere, some man came up to me and grabbed my arm and face and pushed our cheeks together (some sign of greeting). All of this occurred while they were speaking Turkish. Luckily, we had Yekta to translate for us. Now, we're about to cook a pasta dinner after our nice beer in Asia!
baybay (bye bye)

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

IMG_4745

IMG_4982

IMG_1910_edited-1

IMG_1869

IMG_1417

DSC_0204-4_edited-1

DSC_0045-8_edited-1

IMG_4154