We'll Be Coming Around the Mountain When We Come

The past 2 days I have been in the mountains in a village called Esinlar (esh-in-ler). The village was incredibly peaceful. I had never experienced anything like it before. Being in Turkey for approximately 5 weeks, we have been consumed with activities. My life has been one activity after another, even before Istanbul--can you imagine? Ha. Well, being up in the mountains without having to worry about wasting a minute of my life by sitting around 'doing nothing' gave me a sense of inner bliss. This was something I do not remember experiencing... The family we (Clayton and I) stayed with barely spoke any English so it was up to our Turkish skills to get us through the 2 days. Here are some photos of our experience in Esinlar.

The family minus dad in their general store.

Cherry-picking with Alper.

We slept on these one night. Gazing up at the stars without light pollution was amazing!

Who knew this place existed in the mountains?

You can figure out what's going on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

IMG_4745

IMG_4982

IMG_1910_edited-1

IMG_1869

IMG_1417

DSC_0204-4_edited-1

DSC_0045-8_edited-1

IMG_4154