My New Taiwanese Hair Cut

Similar to my adventures in Turkey resulting in a haircut, I have also decided to be trendy in Taiwan. Every one kept telling me that my hair was long, and had no style. Taipei is a city of fashion, mainly taking after the Japanese. There are also influences from America and Korea, but I keep seeing and hearing from others the strong Japanese influence. Here are some random photos of my new haircut.

The first day of my new, integrated Taiwanese look

Tarot Cards... Nearly everyone I meet here asks me what zodiac sign I am. When I was first asked this question, I thought they meant the Asian zodiac sign. Well, to my surprise, they actually meant my celestial sign (Virgo). I would have never guessed that this would be important. They actually read into the signs and tell me my sign's characteristics and who I should be with.


Favorite pastime in Taiwan: stuffing my face (this particular occasion it was 'coffin bread')

This time it's a' small pig intestine wrapped inside of a large one' (explanations in future posts)

Dragon Boat Festival

Helping a student with English translations

My desk. Notice the hair along the neck...yes, it is slanted. One side is shorter than the other.
Well, my hair in Taiwan has taken a turn...for better or worse, I have yet to decide. At least, I don't stick out anymore. Not entirely true, since I still am a GIANT. But one of the cultural differences here in regards to hair is the amount of time men spend on their hair. Nearly every guy will blow dry his hair (for fear of catching colds--EVEN in the dead heat of summer). Many also 'pull' their hair. It's similar to picking, except with your fingers. I'll have to show some of you sometime. Enough about the hair.

3 comments:

  1. uncmeghan said...
     

    oh my god. your hair. is strange. but kind of fabulous haha :)

  2. KokaKoller said...
     

    Hey Edward!

    I came across your blog and just have to say I am so jealous of all your eating - I love love LOVE to eat traditional and whacked out foods and have decided to live vicariously through your belly for the next few months! Hope you're doing well!!

    -Jess

  3. chloe joy said...
     

    hahaha, welcome to the asymmetrical hair club. I'm the co-chair, so you'll pay your dues to moi. :) I dig the cut, duuuuude. And you should post a covert video of pulling hair.

Post a Comment



 

IMG_4745

IMG_4982

IMG_1910_edited-1

IMG_1869

IMG_1417

DSC_0204-4_edited-1

DSC_0045-8_edited-1

IMG_4154