Consulate

Today we visited the U.S. Consulate, located right outside in Istiniye. Wow, this opportunity to speak to the Foreign Service Officer chairing the Department of Public Affairs offered some very important information and answers to our questions. The stories these people had to share were amazing. It made me consider taking a job in foreign services. I had no idea the adventure and opportunities that were available as an FSO (Foreign Service Officer). Traveling around the world in 2-3 stints and being held in high esteem as the U.S. representative everyone you step definitely sounds like an amazing career! It made me consider interning next summer or the summer after to test the waters. However, there was one thing that was surprising: 4th of July (Independence Day) was celebrated on the 2nd of July! I understand that it was security reasons but I still found it amusing.
After the consulate a few of us headed to Ortakoy to indulge ourselves in Kumpir and Turkish waffles. Here's a picture of me eating kumpir. Looks good, eh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

IMG_4745

IMG_4982

IMG_1910_edited-1

IMG_1869

IMG_1417

DSC_0204-4_edited-1

DSC_0045-8_edited-1

IMG_4154