Last Post IN Turkey

So today is our last full day in Turkey and I wanted to post a small, unscripted reflection.

Wow, is it already over? My journey to Turkey was definitely an adventurous one, but the stay here was more than I could have ever expected. To be honest, I was extremely hesitant about this whole trip. Was it going to be fun? Were the people going to be enjoyable? Was Turkey going to be interesting? Was it going to be a lot of work? Was the professor going to be strict and leave us with no exploration time? All of these concerns turned out to be my antsy mind portending the worst possible situations. Turkey, a place I never thought about visiting, will forever be a place of amazing adventures and a culture far richer than our meager attempt at being an American culture. The experiences with Kapali Carsa, call to prayer, mystic encounters at Taksim, and all of the other memorable times have forever left an imprint on my mind. The culture here is all about accepting with random people inviting you for tea and a pleasant conversation no matter what the level of understanding may be. I haven't even mentioned the layers and layers of history! Wow. Everyone you step, there is some edifice that is dated at least hundreds of years old. It's to see a bustling city with its skyscrapers and apartment buildings surrounded by huge magnificent mosques blanketing the landscape. When I grow and manage to find a wife and produce some kids, insallah (God willing), I expect that Turkey will be one of our first vacation spots (insallah). Thanks Turkey for all of the crazy, ridiculous, yet educational memories you have given me. Hope to see you soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

IMG_4745

IMG_4982

IMG_1910_edited-1

IMG_1869

IMG_1417

DSC_0204-4_edited-1

DSC_0045-8_edited-1

IMG_4154